1) WEAR YOUR WIG WITH CONFIDENCE!
2) INVEST IN THE RIGHT PRODUCTS.
Only use products that are made specifically for high-quality synthetic hair. I recommend Godiva’s Secret “Keep It Clean,” “Keep It Sleek,” and “Keep It There,” for your shampoo, conditioner and hair spray needs. Contrary to popular belief, baby shampoo and very expensive products are NOT good for synthetic hair.
3) CUSTOMIZE YOUR STYLE.
Upon receiving your new wig or hair piece, I will customize your new wig just for you. I can trim,thin and texturize your wig and will do it all for free of charge as long as you have purchased from me.
4) NO HEAT!
Synthetic fiber can not withstand extreme temperatures. This means NO BLOWDRIER, NO CURLING IRON and NO FLAT IRON. Using these products will result in a melted and frizzy looking mess of hair.
5) STAY OUT OF THE OVEN.
Be very careful when opening the oven or barbeque. Intense gusts of heat can and will melt your wig. Also, be aware of heat lamps, hot stoves, and anything else that may create intense heat.
6) DON’T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR OWN.
If your own hair is a similar color to your new wig, feel free to blend your own bangs and even the hair all the way around your hairline in with the wig. If your hair is a similar length and texture in the back, try leaving some of your own hair down to blend in at the bottom as well!
7) PLAY, PLAY, PLAY! Your wig is there for your convenience and your fun. Try brushing it a different way, adding more or less bang or putting clips on the sides to pull some hair up. If you have a long wig, try putting it in a low ponytail, half ponytail, or twisting and clipping it up in the back. These slight changes can give you a whole new look.
8) YOUR FIRST WIG. Depending on the reason for your purchase, you may want your first wig to be something that is very similar to your current style, this way you won’t have to make a big adjustment. That is absolutely fine and perfect. However, always remember to give yourself the freedom to be exactly who you want to be, whether it’s the hairstyle you’ve always had, or something completely opposite.
9) THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Create a “wig wardrobe” for yourself. You are not just you with the same hair you’ve always had. If you are usually a brunette, try being a blond or redhead. If you’re used to long, curly hair, try something short and sassy. Have fun with the wigs; allow yourself to be playful again!
10) Always use a wire wig brush to gentle brush your wig, starting at the bottom of the style and work your way up to the top. Never brush aggressively or rip through tangles.
11) I am always here for you. If you are having trouble choosing a style or color, don’t hesitate to call or email me for suggestions. I am more than happy to point you in the right direction toward the perfect wig for you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you are looking for. If you have a picture of a style or color you’re seeking, include that too. I am here for YOU!